CloudBees is pleased to announce the 10.4 release of the CloudBees Software Delivery Automation platform. In this release, we introduce out-of-the-box GitOps support, DORA dashboards, deployment of YAML defined kubernetes microservices and more platform installation options.
The source code synchronization object API was introduced in version 10.3 giving you the ability to easily update the server from git repositories. With this release the synchronization object is exposed in the user interface and can be configured there or at installation time through Helm chart options.
The DevOps Research and Assessment metrics are a popular way of assessing an organization software delivery effectiveness. In this release we are providing the dashboards and guidance on how to collect the necessary information to populate the four reports on these dashboards.
Microservices YAML support
In version 10.2 we introduced the new microservices deployment models based on Helm charts. With this release we round out the solution by enabling the use of kubectl yaml file definitions for microservices deployments.
Expanded installation options
At CloudBees, we recognized that there are many choices for where software tools are to be installed. We strive to support (that is, test) the CloudBees platform on the range of options our customers want to utilize. With this release we introduce support for AWS Fargate, AWS Application Load Balancer and PostgreSQL database. In addition, we have expanded support for AWS databases to include RDS/Aurora PostGres and MySQL; and, RDS Oracle and RDS Microsoft SQL Server. Plus, we have expanded the Google Cloud SQL support matrix to include MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Microsoft SQL Server. The MacOS agent has been updated to include the Java component which enables job step log files to be accessed from the UI, proxy agents, gateways and trusted agents.
Support for new plugin configurations
The plugin configuration object was introduced in version 10.3 greatly simplifying the automation of plugin configuration creation. With this release, we have expanded the list of plugins that support this new object to include the following:
- EC-Helm 1.5.0
- EC-Kubectl 1.2.2
CloudBees CD/RO plugin enhancements
- EC-Bitbucket - Three procedures were made public such as commit, Approving pull and creating PRs
- EC-GitHub - Added procedures Get Files, Upload Files, Set commit status, Create release, create pull request
- EC-JIRA - Perl upgrade to enable TLS 1.3 support
Deprecated CloudBees Software Delivery Automation CD/RO Plugins
The plugins listed below are deprecated and are no longer supported with CloudBees Software Delivery Automation CD/RO.
- ECSCM-Git - replaced by EC-Git, EC-GitHub and EC-Bitbucket
Download CloudBees Software Delivery Automation from the CloudBees Downloads site.
- Access the installers at https://downloads.cloudbees.com/cloudbees-cd/
- Navigate to: 10.4 > 10.4.0.153077 or click here: 10.4.0.153077
- Server and agent installers are located in the section corresponding to the operating system (for example, windows)
- Containers have been published to the Docker Registry and the image tag is 10.4.0.153077_3.0.47_20220126
- Helm Charts have been published to CloudBees Helm Chart Museum
- cloudbees/cloudbees-flow 2.13.0 10.4.0.153077 A Helm chart for CloudBees Flow
- cloudbees/cloudbees-flow-agent 2.13.0 10.4.0.153077 A Helm chart for CloudBees Flow Agent
- Release notes and product documentation are available online: CloudBees CD/RO documentation and CloudBees Analytics documentation.
- See Documentation for installing with Kubernetes
See supported platforms and system requirements for CloudBees CD/RO for a complete list of supported platforms and configurations.
Upgrades to v10.4 LTS are supported from CloudBees CD 9.x, 10.0.x, 10.1.x,10.2.x, and 10.3.x versions. For complete install instructions, please see the Installation section of the documentation.
Contact support with questions related to this release by going to the CloudBees support site at https://support.cloudbees.com/ and submitting a support request. Improvement requests can be filed at https://www.cloudbees.com/feedback.