We are pleased to announce the general availability of the CloudBees CD 2020.09 Preview Release (PR). Please see our announcement about our Release Strategy Update and our plan to accelerate the delivery of new content through Preview Releases.
In this new release, we simplify connecting CloudBees CD to CloudBees CI.
Simplified configuration with CloudBees CI
We continue our focus on integrating CI and CD into a seamless experience. Setting up the configuration from CloudBees CD to CloudBees CI with many connected controllers is now simple. A new CI configuration option connects directly to the CloudBees CI Operations Center, and automatically discovers all of the connected Jenkins Controllers, so creating a new configuration just takes a few button clicks. This eliminates the need for manual creation of configurations for each controller, while still providing granular control over configurations.
A new way to create and manage procedures
Procedures in CloudBees CD provide a rich and flexible way to create reusable processes that can be leveraged throughout your DevOps automation.
This preview release introduces new procedures list and editor pages for creating and managing procedures in CloudBees CD. This includes an easy to use procedures list view, and a new way to create and edit procedures following the well known patterns in CloudBees CD.
- The Plugin Developer Guide is now available on the main product documentation site
- Improvements to the EC-JIRA, EC-SonarQube and EC-Artifactory plugins
- Improvements to the EC-Jenkins plugin including better support for reporting data collection of Jenkins multi-branch pipelines.
- Security updates - Apache Web Server and PHP upgrades.
Download Cloudbees CD 2020.09.00 PR from the CloudBees Sharefile site.
- Login using your personalized account to the CloudBees Sharefile at https://cloudbees.sharefile.com
- Navigate to: /products/CloudBees_CD/preview_release/2020.09.00/2020.09.00.143473 or click here: 2020.09.00.143473
- Server and agent installers are located in the directory corresponding to the operating system (for example, windows)
- Release notes and product documentation are available online: CloudBees CD Documentation
See the “System Requirements and Supported Platforms” section in the CloudBees CD Installation Guide for a complete list of supported platforms and configurations.
Upgrades to CloudBees CD 2020.09 PR are not supported. Please install the release in a test environment to try these new capabilities and provide your feedback. For complete install instructions, please see the install section of the documentation for traditional installations, or for Kubernetes installations.
Contact Customer Support with questions related to this release by going to the CloudBees technical support site at https://support.cloudbees.com submitting a support request. Improvement requests can be filed at https://www.cloudbees.com after using the Feedback button.