We are pleased to announce the general availability of the CloudBees Flow 2020.05 Preview Release (PR). Please see our announcement about our Flow Release Strategy Update and our plan to accelerate the delivery of new content through Preview Releases.
In this new release, we continue our focus on integrating across CI and CD.
Native CI/CD Integration
We maintain our focus on integrating CloudBees CI and Flow (CD) together into a seamless experience, with new integrations to accelerate pipeline creation and eliminate errors stemming from manual input and provide a single view of the end to end release process - from code commit to production.
- CloudBees CI integrations are now first class citizens within CloudBees Flow. Connection details are defined as server level configurations. Calls to CI jobs are a first level pipeline task in Flow, where job data and parameters from CI are automatically populated, eliminating the need to know names and configuration requirements ahead of time.
- Building on the new dedicated view for CI data released in the 2020.04 release, data from calls to Jenkins from CloudBees Flow are automatically collected and surfaced in this view, providing persistence and central visibility across CI/CD data.
- Build metrics for any integrated Jenkins job are automatically pushed to DevOps Insight dashboards, for quick visibility into build trends in the CI dashboard, and Release status in the Release Command Center.
- A new post build action has been added to the CloudBees Flow plugin for Jenkins, enabling any CI Job to be associated with a Flow release or pipeline and its data pushed to Flow.
- Expanding support for installation of Flow in Kubernetes, we now support deployment to RedHat OpenShift.
- The CloudBees Flow agent has been updated to support 64-bit MacOS Catalina.
- New options to improve managing DSL code, like suppressing null values, are available when exporting DSL directly through the UI
Download Cloudbees Flow 20.05.00 PR from the CloudBees Sharefile site.
- Login using your personalized account to the CloudBees Sharefile at https://cloudbees.sharefile.com
- Navigate to: /products/flow/preview_release/2020.05.00/2020.5.0.142281 or click here: 2020.5.0.142281
- Server and agent installers are located in the directory corresponding to the operating system (for example, windows)
- Release notes and product documentation are available online: CloudBees Flow Documentation
See the “System Requirements and Supported Platforms” section in the CloudBees Flow Installation Guide for a complete list of supported platforms and configurations.
Upgrades to CloudBees Flow 2020.05 PR are not supported. Please install the release in a test environment to try these new capabilities and provide your feedback. For complete install instructions, please see the Install section of the documentation.
Contact Customer Support with questions related to this release by going to the CloudBees technical support site at https://support.cloudbees.com and submitting a support request. Improvement requests can be filed at https://www.cloudbees.com/feedback .
Article is closed for comments.