Original Creation Date: 2011-01-06 20:03:51 UTC
This release includes the Workflow feature that allows you to integrate your existing ElectricCommander procedures into a higher level process that reflects your overall application lifecycle. With Workflow, you no longer have to implement extra logic to tie multiple jobs together. With workflow, you no longer have to rely on users to know which procedure should be executed next – the users simply click ‘reject’ or ‘approve’ and the workflow knows what to do next.
Electric Cloud recommends all customers upgrade both their Commander Server and Agents to version 3.8. Release highlights are included below. See the Release Notes for a summary of product improvements and known issues.
ElectricCommander 3.8 new features including:
- Workflow - This new feature allows you to design and manage processes at a higher level than individual jobs. Workflows allow you to combine procedures into processes to create build-test-deploy lifecycles or create other processes you need. A workflow contains states and transitions you define to provide complete control over your workflow process. The Commander Workflow feature allows you to define an unlimited range of large or small lifecycle combinations to meet your needs.
- Plugins - Bundled plugins, installed with ElectricCommander, are updated with new versions, including a new VMWare LabManager plugin (replacing the previous LabManager integration), and a new security plugin (named EC-Security) that delivers common security policy implementations.
Download ElectricCommander 3.8 and its documentation from the Electric Cloud FTP site.
- Log in to the Electric Cloud FTP site at http://ftp.electric-cloud.com/ftp or ftp://ftp.electric-cloud.com
- Navigate to the cmdr-3.8 directory
- Documentation is located in the docs directory
- Server and agent installers are located in the directory corresponding to the operating system (for example, windows)
- IDE plug-in installers are located in the integrations directory
See the “System Requirements and Supported Platforms” section in the ElectricCommander Installation Guide for a complete list of supported platforms and configurations.
Supported Upgrade Paths
Commander 3.8 supports upgrades from version 3.2.x and higher. See the “Upgrading ElectricCommander” chapter in the ElectricCommander Installation Guide for complete upgrade instructions. If you plan to upgrade from a version prior to 3.2.x, contact Customer Support for assistance.
Contact Customer Support with questions related to this release at email@example.com.
Contact Dax Farhang, Product Manager, with feedback on this or any ElectricCommander release at 408-419-4370 or firstname.lastname@example.org.