Original Creation Date: 2015-04-02 07:26:47 UTC
ElectricAccelerator® 8.0 delivers new performance and stability improvements to your existing ElectricAccelerator deployment.
New Features and Improvements
- General Performance: Up to 4.5x acceleration on no-history full builds
- Parse Avoidance: Up to 40% parse time reduction on Linux/Solaris platforms
- Additional Platform Support: ElectricAccelerator now supports the following platforms:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.0 (64-bit)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6 (32- and 64-bit)
- Ubuntu Linux 13.10 (32- and 64-bit)
New with ElectricAccelerator 8.0 is the JobCache add-on option
- Up to 40% acceleration on full builds over ElectricAccelerator through reducing unnecessary re-work
- Applies 100% correctness to caching technology
- Flexibility to go faster and spend less on hardware
JobCache is a separately priced and licensed add-on to ElectricAccelerator 8.0. Please contact your account manager to find out how you can evaluate JobCache with ElectricAccelerator 8.0.
Electric Cloud recommends that all customers upgrade their ElectricAccelerator components to version 8.0: Cluster Manager, cluster nodes (agent machines), and all local eMake build machines.
Download Instructions for Sharefile
Download ElectricAccelerator 8.0.0 from the Electric Cloud Sharefile site.
- Login using your personalized account to the Electric Cloud Sharefile at https://electric-cloud.sharefile.com
- Navigate to the /products/accelerator/release_8.0/126.96.36.199807 directory
- Platform and architecture-specific installers are in the windows, solaris, and linux directories.
Documentation is available at: Accelerator Documentation.
See the “Supported Platforms and System Requirements” chapter in the ElectricAccelerator Installation and Configuration Guide for a complete list of supported platforms and configurations.
Supported Upgrade Paths
Accelerator 8.0 supports upgrades from all currently-supported versions. See the “Upgrade” chapter in the ElectricAccelerator Installation and Configuration Guide for complete upgrade instructions.
Contact Technical Support with questions about this release at email@example.com or at 408.419.4300 (option 2).
Contact Jane Kuo, ElectricAccelerator Product Manager, with feedback on this or any ElectricAccelerator release at firstname.lastname@example.org .