Original Creation Date: 2018-07-09 18:09:34 UTC
Electric Cloud is pleased to announce the general availability of the ElectricFlow 8.4 FR. This release is of the “Feature Release” type. For more information about types of releases, please go to ElectricFlow Release Strategy.
ElectricFlow 8.4 introduces ElectricFlow DevOps Foresight that applies the power of machine learning to the DevOps toolchain data, providing predictive analytics for higher success of builds and releases. 8.4 also focuses on making it to easier to create custom DevOps Insight widgets and reports.
Some of the highlights are:
DevOps Foresight: Pattern identification to Predictions
In 8.4 we introduce DevOps Foresight, the new predictive analytics product for ElectricFlow. DevOps Foresight applies machine learning algorithms to the mountains of data collected from key parts of the DevOps toolchain to identify patterns and develop a ‘risk score’ metric that predicts the outcomes of builds and eventually releases.
DevOps Foresight performs deep statistical analysis of data coming from Build, Static Code Analysis, Source Code Management etc tools to identify how various development teams and their code commits lead to success or failures. These correlated patterns also predict a ‘risk score’ much like a FICO credit score for the upcoming or in-progress builds and eventually releases.
8.4 is the initial release for DevOps Foresight with focus on the development and build activities and their impact on the release outcomes. Please contact ElectricFlow support to understand how you can take advantage of DevOps Foresight.
Simplified Dashboard Creation with DevOps Insight
ElectricFlow had introduced DevOps Insight dashboards last year to give visibility and deep insight across your DevOps processes, from deployments to releases, with out-of-the-box and customizable dashboards. In 8.4 we continue to build and improve the DevOps Insight Dashboard framework. We have added new and improved UI and support for custom report and widget creation, simplifying the process required to create new custom dashboard widgets to track the metrics that matter to you. 8.4 makes it easy to access and edit your dashboards with the new Dashboard menu and list views. The release also brings enhancements to widget visualizations with full screen views for widgets, new options for dashboard filters and more.
Enhancing the Release Portfolio View
The Release Portfolio view was introduced in 8.3, with support for complex release hierarchies and real-time visibility into the hierarchy. The Release and Pipeline Portfolio views now show even more detail, with duration information for each pipeline in the hierarchy and its stages visible the top level. We have also added more security to your release hierarchy, with the ability to skip release and pipeline wait dependencies now restricted to an assigned user or group.
Improved Navigation and Experience
We continue to enhance and improve the features and experience in ElectricFlow. Here are some updates in 8.4:
- We introduced the new property picker in 8.3, making it easy to access and use properties. The property picker has been expanded and is now available from application processes making it easy to create your custom deployment, and now includes properties set on the project.
- In 8.4, we improve visibility and access as users navigate throughout the product with a new look and feel for our list pages and an updated projects list showing detailed counts of the objects.
- We have made it even easier to easily integrate with your toolchain by making plugin configurations easily accessible from pipelines tasks and process steps.
- We have added easy access links to ElectricFlow objects like Applications, Microservices, Environments, Pipelines, and Releases from the platform screens for easier navigation.
- New integrations with Git and SonarQube pull data to drive DevOps Foresight predictive analytics
- The EC-Jenkins plugin has been updated with Proxy support as well as other enhancements
- New enhancements to the OpenShift integration to support cluster visibility, service modeling and service discovery
- Additional changes to numerous plugins improving plugin configuration creation and selection.
Download ElectricFlow 8.4 FR from the Electric Cloud Sharefile site.
- Login using your personalized account to the Electric Cloud Sharefile at https://electric-cloud.sharefile.com
- Navigate to: /products/flow/release_8.4/188.8.131.52921 or click here: 184.108.40.206921
- Server and agent installers are located in the directory corresponding to the operating system (for example, windows)
- IDE plug-in installers are located in the /products/commander/integrations directory
- Release notes and product documentation are available online: ElectricFlow Documentation
See the “System Requirements and Supported Platforms” section in the ElectricFlow Installation Guide for a complete list of supported platforms and configurations.
Upgrades to ElectricFlow 8.4 FR are supported from ElectricCommander 4.2.x, ElectricFlow 5.x, 6.x, 7.x and 8.0.1, 8.0.2, 8.0.3, 8.0.4, 8.1, 8.2, and 8.3 versions. Systems that are pre-4.2 must be upgraded to ElectricCommander 4.2.x before upgrading to ElectricFlow 8.4. For complete upgrade requirements and instructions, please see the ElectricFlow Installation Guide.
Contact Customer Support with questions related to this release at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact the product management team at Electric Cloud for this or any ElectricFlow releases at email@example.com