Original Creation Date: 2009-12-22 17:10:52 UTC
The Commander 3.5 release significantly bolsters UI extensibility through the introduction of a plugin architecture. Electric Cloud recommends all customers upgrade both their Commander Server and Agents to version 3.5. See the Release Notes for a comprehensive list of product improvements and known issues.
This plugin architecture allows customers to customize their environment and provide unique user experiences based on role by:
· Modifying Tab Layout – Add, remove, and reorder tabs in the UI for any or all users
· Developing Dashboards – Create an entirely new Home page integrating Commander data with any other application in your environment
· Creating Custom Forms – Easily develop and plug in custom logic or third party integrations into your native Commander UI
In addition to UI extensibility, ElectricCommander 3.5 enforces concurrent user licenses. For customers licensed by concurrent user, ElectricCommander now enforces the number of users who can concurrently use the Commander server. Customers licensed by “enabled host” are not affected by this change.
Download ElectricCommander 3.5 and its documentation from the Electric Cloud FTP site.
- Log in to the Electric Cloud FTP site at http://ftp.electric-cloud.com/ftp
- Navigate to the cmdr-3.5.0 directory
- Documentation is located in the docs directory
- Server and agent installers are located in the directory corresponding to the operating system (for example, windows)
- IDE plug-in installers are located in the plugins directory
See the “System Requirements and Supported Platforms” section in the ElectricCommander Installation and Configuration Guide for a complete list of supported platforms and configurations.
Supported Upgrade Paths
Commander 3.5 supports upgrades from version 2.2.x and higher. See the “ElectricCommander Upgrade Process” in the ElectricCommander Installation and Configuration Guide for complete upgrade instructions. If you plan to upgrade from a version prior to 2.2.x, contact Customer Support for assistance.
Contact Customer Support with issues related to this release at email@example.com.
Contact Dax Farhang, Product Manager, with feedback on this or any ElectricCommander release at 408-419-4370 or firstname.lastname@example.org.