Original Creation Date: 2010-08-02 22:44:22 UTC
This release includes improvements to the Home page, project categorization, security capabilities, and more. Electric Cloud recommends all customers upgrade both their Commander Server and Agents to version 3.7. Release highlights are included below. See the Release Notes for a summary of product improvements and known issues.
ElectricCommander 3.7 includes several new features including:
- Dashboard reports – The new Home page provides improved insight into overall project health. Users can configure a thumbnail view of any report they want to see on their personal dashboard. Administrators can select default reports to display for all members of a particular team.
- Tagging - This new feature allows users to "tag" projects. Use tags to create categories of related projects and a new drop-down menu on the Projects page to filter the list of projects to be displayed.
Download ElectricCommander 3.7 and its documentation from the Electric Cloud FTP site.
- Log in to the Electric Cloud FTP site at http://ftp.electric-cloud.com/ftp or ftp://ftp.electric-cloud.com
- Navigate to the cmdr-3.7 directory
- Documentation is located in the docs directory
- Server and agent installers are located in the directory corresponding to the operating system (for example, windows)
- IDE plug-in installers are located in the integrations directory
See the “System Requirements and Supported Platforms” section in the ElectricCommander Installation Guide for a complete list of supported platforms and configurations.
Supported Upgrade Paths
Commander 3.7 supports upgrades from version 3.0.x and higher. See the “Upgrading ElectricCommander” chapter in the ElectricCommander Installation Guide for complete upgrade instructions. If you plan to upgrade from a version prior to 3.0.x, contact Customer Support for assistance.
Contact Customer Support with questions related to this release at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Dax Farhang, Product Manager, with feedback on this or any ElectricCommander release at 408-419-4370 or email@example.com.