Electric Cloud would like to announce the immediate availability of ElectricAccelerator release 5.2.5. Please refer to the release notes for a full listing of the improvements provided in this service release.
For customers who have not yet upgraded to the 5.2 release, this version offers performance and stability enhancements, and includes multiple improvements to the installation experience and supported platforms. Electric Cloud recommends all customers using 5.2.x to upgrade ElectricAccelerator to version 5.2.5 or the latest release. The release highlights are included below. See the Release Notes for a summary of product improvements and known issues.
ElectricAccelerator 5.2.x includes several new features including:
- Support for Solaris 10 on Intel x86-64
- All ElectricAccelerator components (Electric Make/Electrify, Cluster Manager, and Agents/EFS) are now available for Solaris Intel.
- All ElectricAccelerator components now compatible with the latest version of the popular Ubuntu Linux distribution
- Supported Linux distributions now include: RedHat 4, 5; SuSE 11, and Ubuntu 8, 9, and 10
- Electrify can monitor local filesystem changes and keep them synchronized with distributed cluster activity
- Electrify can now support a wider range of build tools and configurations (eg, SCons shared cache) on Windows and Linux
- Electric Make 5.2 supports the GNU Make GPATH directive.
- Support for Ubuntu 10.04 (32- or 64-bit)
- Enhanced Electrify: local change monitoring
- Improved GNU Make compatibility
Download ElectricAccelerator 5.2.x and its documentation from the Electric Cloud FTP site.
- Log in to the Electric Cloud FTP site at http://ftp.electric-cloud.com/ftp/ or ftp://ftp.electric-cloud.com
- Navigate to the accel-5.2.5 directory
- Documentation is located in the docs directory
- Platform and architecture-specific installers are in the windows, solaris, and linux directories.
- VisualStudio Add-In 3.0.3 is in the VSP-3.0.3 directory
See the “System Requirements and Supported Platforms” section in the ElectricAccelerator Installation and Configuration Guide for a complete list of supported platforms and configurations.
Supported Upgrade Paths
ElectricAccelerator 5.2.x supports upgrades from version 4.4 and higher. See the “Upgrading ElectricAccelerator” chapter in the ElectricAccelerator Installation and Configuration Guide for complete upgrade instructions.
Contact Customer Support with issues related to this release at email@example.com.
Contact Dax Farhang, ElectricAccelerator Product Manager, with feedback on this or any ElectricAccelerator release at 408-419-4370 or firstname.lastname@example.org.