Original Creation Date: 2011-09-13 01:06:25 UTC
This release introduces built-in artifact management to improve performance across builds, provide better reusability of components, and improve cross-team collaboration with greater traceability. Additionally, this release includes improvements in the interfaces for working with parameters, step creation, and plugin management. Electric Cloud recommends all customers upgrade both their Commander Server and Agents to version 4.0. Release highlights are included below. See the Release Notes for a summary of product improvements and known issues.
ElectricCommander 4.0 new features include:
- Artifact Management – Enables you to manage all software artifacts produced and consumed in the application lifecycle. The solution provides a controlled, searchable, auditable repository to store the artifacts, and enables developers to track the origin and usage of the artifacts at every step of the development process. ElectricCommander 4.0's artifact management capabilities enables users to improve predictability and traceability of their application components and also improves cross-team collaboration by sharing approved artifacts. This release includes Web UI additions for artifact creation, use and browsing, as well as new API’s and CLI tool updates fully supporting artifact management.
- Parameter User Experience – You can now customize the way formal parameters of procedures and state definitions are presented in the web UI. You can reorder parameters and define labels, form element types, default values, tooltip help text, and whether or not the parameter is required.
- Step Creation Dialog – The dialog to create a procedure step has been enhanced to present a customizable list of integrations in a sorted manner, to make using re-usable components easier for end users.
- Plugin Manager – A new plugin manager interface now allows you to show only installed plugins that have updates in the Electric Cloud plugins catalog, making it easier to ensure you always have the latest and greatest ElectricCommander plugins installed.
Download ElectricCommander 4.0 and its documentation from the Electric Cloud FTP site.
- Log in to the Electric Cloud FTP site at http://ftp.electric-cloud.com/ftp or ftp://ftp.electric-cloud.com
- Navigate to the cmdr-4.0 directory
- Documentation is located in the docs directory
- Server and agent installers are located in the directory corresponding to the operating system (for example, windows)
- IDE plug-in installers are located in the integrations directory
See the “System Requirements and Supported Platforms” section in the ElectricCommander Installation Guide for a complete list of supported platforms and configurations.
Supported Upgrade Paths
Commander 4.0 supports upgrades from version 3.5.x and higher. See the “Upgrading ElectricCommander” chapter in the ElectricCommander Installation Guide for complete upgrade instructions. If you plan to upgrade from a version prior to 3.5.x, contact Customer Support for assistance.
Contact Customer Support with questions related to this release at email@example.com.
Contact Dan Gordon, Sr. Product Manager, with feedback on this or any ElectricCommander release at 408-419-4393 or firstname.lastname@example.org.