Original Creation Date: 2012-05-14 17:32:36 UTC
This release provides new functionality to improve software development productivity and shorten time to value. Among these features is the new Continuous Integration Manager that puts everything CI at your fingertips with the CI Dashboard. The workflow feature is redesigned and enhanced to enable direct, in context interaction while creating, editing or running a workflow, New user materials such as videos, tutorials, more examples, and improved help make it easier to learn how to harness the power of Commander, and more.
Electric Cloud recommends all customers upgrade both their Commander Server and Agents to version 4.1. Release highlights are included below. See the Release Notes for a summary of product improvements and known issues.
ElectricCommander 4.1 new features include:
- Continuous Integration (CI) Manager – This feature provides a front-end user interface for creating, managing, and monitoring continuous integration builds. The new dashboard interface includes:
- Easy access to see running builds, build progress, and build status
- Quick access for configuring continuous integration builds
- Simple configuration of your preferred SCM system
- Quick access to historical build outcomes and customizable reports
- Enhanced Workflow – The primary workflow interface is now an interactive workflow Graph view, keeping your workflow in view as you create, edit, or run the workflow. In addition, running workflows now provide centralized status from activity running under each state, as well as a new History view allowing you to trace what happened in the workflow at-a-glance, and see underlying processes and subworklflows. New "flyout" panels provide additional editing, details, and interaction with your workflow while eliminating the need to navigate to other Commander web pages, providing a higher level of work ease and efficiency.
- Enhanced New User Enablement - Training Videos, Tutorials, and Documentation are presented in a new Welcome panel when you login to Commander. A new drop down Help menu provides quick access back to the tutorials, the Welcome screen, Documentation, and more.
- Plugins - Commander now boasts more than 100 bundled/installed plugins ready immediately for your use—the extra plugin installation step is no longer necessary in most cases—and more plugins are available in the Plugin Catalog. Additionally, plugin help has been integrated into both the catalog and the step definition pages.
- New Plugin Step Chooser Panel– With the addition of numerous out-of-the-box integration steps for SCMs and other plugin categories, the -Step Chooser panel is redesigned for ease of use and faster access to the plugin step you need, including a new find-as-you-type Search field.
- Built-in File Operations – The new FileOps plugin provides out-of-the-box cross platform ability to move or copy files between systems, whether or not they are managed by a Commander agent. These actions can be done directly between systems or with the Commander server as a relay. Also added are zip and unzip functions for archives, and file checksum calculation and validation.
- Performance Enhancements – Numerous performance improvements to reduce Commander process time as well as a re-implemented "reports" tab that loads the report list faster.
Download ElectricCommander 4.1 and its documentation from the Electric Cloud FTP site.
- Log in to the Electric Cloud FTP site at http://ftp.electric-cloud.com/ftp or ftp://ftp.electric-cloud.com
- Navigate to the cmdr-4.1.0 directory
- Documentation is located in the docs directory
- Server and agent installers are located in the directory corresponding to the operating system (for example, windows)
- IDE plugin installers are located in the integrations directory
See the “System Requirements and Supported Platforms” chapter in the ElectricCommander Installation Guide for a complete list of supported platforms and configurations.
Supported Upgrade Paths
Commander 4.1 supports upgrades from version 3.8.x and higher. See the “Upgrading ElectricCommander” chapter in the ElectricCommander Installation Guide for complete upgrade instructions. If you plan to upgrade from a version prior to 3.8.x, contact Customer Support for assistance.
Contact Customer Support with questions related to this release at email@example.com.
Contact Jim McMahon, Product Manager, with feedback on this or any ElectricCommander release at 408-419-4378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.