Original Creation Date: 2016-02-22 22:19:15 UTC
Electric Cloud is pleased to announce the general availability of the ElectricFlow 6.2 FR. This release is of the “Feature Release” type. For more information about types of releases, please go to ElectricFlow Release Strategy.
ElectricFlow 6.2 FR enhances the solution across the board with several usability and performance updates to the Platform as well ElectricFlow Deploy and Release modules.
Some of the highlights are:
Enhanced Multi-team Support in ElectricFlow Deploy and Release Modules
The ‘Projects’ concept in the ElectricFlow Platform is a way to organize objects as well as easily manage access control. With ElectricFlow 6.2 it is now possible to organize Applications, Master Components, Pipelines, Releases, Environments, Resource and Environment Templates in ‘Projects’. This significantly improves management of these objects at scale. Additionally, it simplifies access control management significantly such that permissions can be defined at the Project level instead of always defining at a granular level.
Performance and Stability Improvements
This release features faster load times for CI dashboard, Application and Environment list screens. Platform features for clustering, change tracking and background object deletions have been strengthened for reliable operations.
Domain Specific Language (DSL) Improvements
ElectricFlow 6.2 builds on the momentum of ‘Process as Code’ concept introduced in the 6.0 release with a groovy based DSL. The ability to generate DSL from existing objects has been improved, making it much easier to get started with DSL.
Visual and Usability Improvements
ElectricFlow 6.2 includes a number of visual and usability improvements that provide a richer user experience. For example
- The text in the list pages for the Deploy and Release modules now supports more characters and also wraps around to provide more information without truncation.
- Application and Component Process transitions and joins now support both AND & OR operations.
- Keyboard shortcuts have been added to ElectricFlow Deploy for efficiency.
Download ElectricFlow 6.2 FR from the Electric Cloud Sharefile site.
- Login using your personalized account to the Electric Cloud Sharefile at https://electric-cloud.sharefile.com
- Navigate to: /products/flow/release_6.2/18.104.22.168337 or click here: 22.214.171.124337
- Server and agent installers are located in the directory corresponding to the operating system (for example, windows)
- IDE plug-in installers are located in the /products/commander/integrations directory
- Release notes and product documentation are available online: Electric Cloud documentation
See the “System Requirements and Supported Platforms” section in the ElectricFlow Installation Guide for a complete list of supported platforms and configurations.
Upgrades to ElectricFlow 6.2 FR are supported from ElectricCommander 4.2.x, ElectricFlow 5.x, ElectricFlow 6.0 LTS, 6.0.1, 6.0.2 and 6.0.3. Systems that are pre-4.2 must be upgraded to ElectricCommander 4.2.x before upgrading to ElectricFlow 6.2 FR. For complete upgrade requirements and instructions, please see the ElectricFlow Installation Guide.
Contact Customer Support with questions related to this release at email@example.com.
Contact the product management team at Electric Cloud for this or any ElectricFlow releases at firstname.lastname@example.org