- Linux Shared Agent using JNLP connection problem
- We installed and connected a Shared Agent using JNLP to the OPC. All good, it shows it connected. Then started a job on the master. The OPC shows the Linux Shared Agent is in use. But the Master cannot connect to it as it says it’s offline.
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise (CJE) 1.1.x
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed Master (CJE-MM)
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Operations Center (CJE-OC)
- CloudBees CJE Master Provisioning Core < 1.0.17
- CloudBees CJE Master Provisioning Mesos < 1.0.17
- In CJOC, browse to Manage Jenkins > Configure System
- Look for “Master URL Pattern”, you should see a pattern like “https://cje.labs.example.com/*”
- Add a trailing slash to this pattern (should be “https://cje.labs.example.com/*/”, then save.
- Restart the master from CJOC (browse https://cje.labs.example.com/job/master/manage then click on Restart in sidebar).
Just restarting the master using https://cje.labs.example.com/master/restart is not enough because it doesn’t pick up the configuration change done in CJOC.
Upgrading to the following removes the need to update the pattern to include the trailing slash, but will still require the restart from the master;
- CloudBees CJE Master Provisioning Core >= 1.0.17
- CloudBees CJE Master Provisioning Mesos >= 1.0.17