If a version 2.289.1.2 or later (Credentials plugin version >= 2.5) Operations Center is paired with a Controller with a version less than 220.127.116.11, credentials will not propagate to the connected Controller. The controller logs shows failures like the following:
WARNING c.c.o.c.p.OperationsCenterCredentialsProvider#getCredentials: Cannot lookup credentials of type interface com.cloudbees.plugins.credentials.common.IdCredentials from Operations Center java.io.InvalidClassException: com.cloudbees.plugins.credentials.impl.UsernamePasswordCredentialsImpl; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -XXXXXXXXXXXXXX, local class serialVersionUID = YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on modern cloud platforms - Managed controller
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on modern cloud platforms - Operations Center
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on traditional platforms - Client controller
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on traditional platforms - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client controller
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Operations Center
- Credentials plugin
A new field was added to
com.cloudbees.plugins.credentials.impl.UsernamePasswordCredentialsImpl in Credentials plugin version 2.5 through credentials-plugin #205.
It was then integrated into CloudBees CI and was released in version 2.289.1.2.
com.cloudbees.plugins.credentials.impl.UsernamePasswordCredentialsImpl doesn’t have a
serialVersionUID declared, adding a field changes its value, which makes it incompatible for java serialization. This causes exceptions when trying to propagate the credentials to the controller and prevents their use.
To resolve this problem there are a few supported options:
- Match Operations Center and Controller versions by upgrading your controllers. We can help plan this via an assisted update.
- Ensure your controllers are upgraded to at least version 18.104.22.168. Please reach out for an assisted update.
- Stop the Operations Center, restore the old Operations Center version (war,rpm,deb,Docker image) as well as the
JENKINS_HOMEbackup of your Operations Center taken before the Operations Center was upgraded, and start the Operations Center.
- If none of those supported options are possible, please reach out to CloudBees support so we can discuss alternative options.