- Cluster Operations Backup build fails for controller(s) with a
Uploading... java.lang.NullPointerException at com.infradna.hudson.plugins.backup.store.S3Store.getClient(S3Store.java:133)
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on modern cloud platforms - Operations Center
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on traditional platforms - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Controller
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Operations Center
- CloudBees Backup Plugin >= 3.38.33 and < 3.38.35
- BEE-3409: Error when running a backup cluster operation to S3 storage
The recommended solution is to upgrade CloudBees CI Operations Center and Controllers to version 2.289.1.2 or later.
A workaround is to upgrade the CloudBees Backup Plugin to version 3.38.35, at least on the Controllers.
Note: Our experience is that always the same controller is impacted by this issue. So another workaround would be to configure the Cluster Operations with a failure mode “Fail At The End” in the “Advanced Operation Options” so that backup operations of most controllers are not interrupted and succeed. Then create another Cluster Operations Backup job for the impacted controller only.