As of the 2021 March release for Jenkins LTS and CloudBees CI jQuery will be updated to secure version
Some custom plugins and possibly custom jobs directly utilizing jQuery may not function after this update.
We don’t expect plugin to be affected on the CloudBees CI UI as jQuery changes are self-contained within each plugin.
If a custom or 3rd tier plugin is reliant on an incompatible version of jQuery then certain elements on the UI may no longer work as expected post update. Usually but not exclusively, this will affect dynamic behaviors such as resizing and background updating of specific UI elements.
There may be failures in test environments if UI tests are using
jsdom or older versions of
HtmlUnit and will need to be udpated to use compatible versions for jQuery
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core)
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on modern cloud platforms - Managed Master
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on modern cloud platforms - Operations Center
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on traditional platforms - Client Master
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on traditional platforms - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Operations Center
- Jenkins LTS
All CloudBees and CAP plugin have been updated to be compatible with and only use the secure version of jQuery that Jenkins is being updated to use,
To ensure these plugins are updated as needed to be on the updated jQuery version please be sure to enable CAP/Beekeeper and allow for automatic plugin updates on restart prior to updating your CloudBees CI version as explained in the documentation linked here.