The Security Warnings section of the
Manage Jenkins page is displaying a warning:
Security fixes information could not be retrieved due to an unexpected error
Further information about this issue can be found in the logs as the following:
2019-07-09 17:35:11.286+0000 [id=5124] SEVERE c.c.j.p.a.m.SecurityWarningDataProvider$SecurityWarningsRestClient$1#onStatusReceived: SECURITY-WARNING_ERROR: Beekeeper server is responding 407 code when connecting to 'https://beekeeper-server.cloudbees.com/api/security-warnings' to retrieve security warnings information 2019-07-09 17:35:11.291+0000 [id=5124] SEVERE c.c.j.p.a.m.SecurityWarningDataProvider$SecurityWarningsRestClient$1#onThrowable: SECURITY-WARNING_ERROR: java.lang.NullPointerException thrown: null
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core)
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on modern cloud platforms - Managed Master
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on modern cloud platforms - Operations Center
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on traditional platforms - Client Master
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on traditional platforms - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Distribution
This error is due to communication issues with our servers for retrieving security information at the URL
https://beekeeper-server.cloudbees.com/api/security-warnings which is one of the URLs that you have to grant access to as explained in this document
This is most often caused by proxy settings interfering with this communication.
- You will need to verify the settings in place at
Manage Jenkins -> Manage Plugins -> Advancedto ensure that communication to the Beekeeper url is allowed.
You can also test out the connection through the proxy settings.
- Navigate to
Manage Jenkins -> Manage Plugins -> Advanced
- In the
HTTP Proxy Configurationsection, click the
Advancedbutton to see the
- Enter the url from above and click
Validate Proxyto run a test.
Once you confirm that connection can be established, please go to “Manage Jenkins” > “Configure System” and look for “Administrative monitors configuration”. Expand the list of administrative monitors and re-enable the “Security Warnings Monitor”.