How do I rename a Managed controller in CloudBees CI.
I have tried to rename one of the controller but domain is still indicating old name.
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core)
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on modern cloud platforms - Managed controller
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on modern cloud platforms - Operations Center
There is currently no support in CloudBees CI for renaming managed controllers. While the Domain and Display Name can be changed under
JENKINS_URL/cjoc/job/MASTER_NAME/configure they do not result in the renaming of the managed controller.
- Setting the Display Name only changes the name of the controller in the UI. The domain will still point to the old path.
- Changing the Domain points the persistent volume of the controller to one with the new name. If a persistent volume with the new name does not exist a new
volume is created. This has the same effect as provisioning a new controller.
- If you mistakenly change the domain and lost the configuration, reverting back to old name will point controller back to the old Persistent Volume and restore the configuration.
Current work around is to create a new controller and restore it using a backup from the existing controller.