- I would like to disable a Multibranch item so that no underlying job can be triggered
- I would like to disable a Organization item so that no underlying job can be triggered
- CloudBees Core on modern cloud platforms - Managed Master
- CloudBees Core on traditional platforms - Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Distribution
- Folders Plugin 6.1.0 or later
- Branch API Plugin 2.0.11 or later
Since the release of Folders plugin 6.1.0 and Branch API 2.0.11, there is an API to disable Computer Folders such as Multibranch and Organization items. The API uses a QueueDecisionHandler that prevents scheduling builds from any job that is descendant of a disabled computed folder. This applies to any type of trigger, whether it originates from a branch indexing event, an SCM event or even a manual trigger.
At the moment there is no UI controls that can be used to disable Multibranch / Organization items. This is tracked by JENKINS-60900.
The solution until this is fixed is to append
/disable to the URL of the Multibranch / Organization and then hit “Retry Using POST”.
The disabled item will displayed a greyed out icon.