I can see
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser errors in the logs and some plugin or functionality is not working on Jenkins.
- CloudBees Core
- CloudBees Core on modern cloud platforms - Managed Master
- CloudBees Core on modern cloud platforms - Operations Center
- CloudBees Core on traditional platforms - Client Master
- CloudBees Core on traditional platforms - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Distribution
- Jenkins LTS
You are seeing a combination of the code below in your logs:
Caused: org.xml.sax.SAXException: SAX2 driver class org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser not found java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
This means something changed the SAX driver, so any plugin that should use XML parsing could stop working correctly.
A possible workaround to try solving this issue is adding the Java argument:
Jenkins LTS 2.89.x
This issue should not be dependent of any Jenkins version though.