Using Move/Copy/Promote to move a job and I see “[ is an invalid path” in the destination field.
- CloudBees Core
- CloudBees Core on modern cloud platforms - Managed Master
- CloudBees Core on modern cloud platforms - Operations Center
- CloudBees Core on traditional platforms - Client Master
- CloudBees Core on traditional platforms - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Operations Center
The cause of this issue and the resolution is not intuitive based on the error displayed. The resolution is often found by improving the performance of the user lookup. If you are using Active Directory to authenticate to your instance, consult the KB article The log-in with AD plugin is very slow.
- Enable the cache
- Set the Group Membership Strategy to use Token-Groups user attribute
- Check “Remove irrelevant groups”
Often, these changes will resolve the error.