- We deployed a CloudBees Jenkins X Distribution cluster, we want to destroy it and install it again (re install).
- Something went wrong during the installation of the CloudBees Jenkins X Distribution cluster and I wanto to repeat the process.
1. Select the context of the jx cluster (
jx context) you wish to delete
> jx context ? Change Kubernetes context: gke_cjxd-v2_europe-west3-c_support-cjxd-v2 Now using namespace 'jx' from context named 'gke_my-project_europe-example_jx-cluster-example' on server 'https://xx.xxx.xxx.xxx'.
2. Unistall all the componentes of the selected jx cluster (
Note: the only component app is not deleted is vault (which keeps the secrets)
> jx uninstall ? Uninstall JX - this command will remove all JX components and delete all namespaces created by Jenkins X. Do you wish to continue? Yes ? Enter the current context name to confirm uninstallation of the Jenkins X platform from the jx namespace: gke_my-project_europe-example_jx-cluster-example Removing installation of Jenkins X in team namespace jx service "deck" deleted service "heapster" deleted ... Jenkins X has been successfully uninstalled from team namespace jx
3. On the SCM side (GitHub in this case), delete all the repositories for every environment created for the cluster(usually: dev, staging and production)
4. Wipe out all the contents from
~/.jx (files and folders)
Note: This step needs to be done any time you wish to deploy a new cluster from the same workstation, specially if they are coming from different versions of jx cli.
- CloudBees Jenkins X Distribution v2 being the output for
NAME VERSION jx 2.0.643 Kubernetes cluster v1.12.8-gke.10 kubectl v1.15.0 git 2.7.4 Operating System Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS