Adding and maintaining plugins is easy if you have internet access. The Plugin Manager provides point-and-click plugin usage.
- Your Flow Server does not have internet access.
- You want to have a restrictive or expanded catalog for your Flow Server site.
Use the Flow Web Server to host the plugin catalog.
On the existing Flow Web Server do the following:
- Create a directory “catalog” accessible by the Flow Web Server.
- From a machine that has internet access, use a web browser to go to http://plugins.electric-cloud.com/catalog/browse.php:
- Download each plugin
- Save the plugin package to the Web Server catalog
- Have the plugin manager point to a local plugin catalog:
- Go to Administration > Plugins.
- Select the “EC Plugin Manager” link.
- Go to the Properties tab.
- Modify the ‘catalogUrl’ property, specifying a URL to a directory accessible on the internal network.
To use the existing Apache server that ships with ElectricFlow to store the local plugin catalog:
- Create the directory “/apache/htdocs/catalog”
- Using a web browser, save the online catalog file http://plugins.electric-cloud.com/catalog/catalog.xml to /apache/htdocs/catalog
- Edit the local version of catalog.xml, replacing all instances of ‘plugins.electric-cloud.com’ with the hostname of the Flow server.
- Change ‘catalog’Url’ to http:///catalog/catalog.xml, where ‘WebServerHost’ is the name of your Flow server host.
To host the specialty plugin EC-CSH locally on the existing Web Server:
- From a machine that has internet access, go to http://plugins.electric-cloud.com/catalog/browse.php
- Save the EC-CSH package (a jar file) to /apache/htdocs/catalog