Is there a way to export and import multiple objects?
Full import/export is more properly designated for the backup/restore type of operation. There is no way to exclude pieces, either on export or import, although this is possible with a script that iterates over all projects (or at least all that are not part of CloudBees CD (CloudBees Flow) and/or plugins) and export each one of them. Then you can import them into the other system.
The procedure for exporting individual projects is attached.
Notes regarding the procedure:
- This procedure should work for Commander 5.x and CloudBees CD (CloudBees Flow) 6.x and above.
- By default, this procedure imports itself into a project called “EA Testing”.
You need to either create this project (if it does not exist) or provide an import path such as
ectool import export_procedure_Export\ All\ Projects.xml –path /projects/<projectName >/procedure/<procedureName >
(again, <projectName> is the name of an existing project).
- This procedure has three steps:
- create a list of all projects and store it in a property
- export the procedure itself (for convenience)
- export projects into the job’s workspace
Review the code to see if you need to adjust anything (for example, project filters in the first step).