The upgrade process described in the ElectricCommander Installation and Configuration Guide does not support ElectricCommander versions prior to 2.2.x. This article describes how to upgrade from ElectricCommander 2.0.x or 2.1.x to the current Commander version.
- Backup all important data
- Uninstall the existing Commander version
- Install the new Commander version
- Restore/integrate all necessary data from the backup
- installDirectory - program files and other read-only information. The default location is C:\Program Files\Electric Cloud\ElectricCommander
- dataDirectory - data files, database, logs, and configuration information. The default location is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Electric Cloud\ElectricCommander
- backupDirectory - user-defined location for storing important data
The procedure is:
- Copy Apache, conf, and log file subdirectories from dataDirectory to backupDirectory
- Copy server\conf subdirectory from installDirectory to backupDirectory
- If you have any custom files, copy them to the backupDirectory also
- Export the database
- Uninstall ElectricCommander
- Follow instructions for "Uninstalling ElectricCommander" in the ElectricCommander Installation and Configuration Guide. Note: If this step did not work, skip the rest of this article and follow the procedure described in Manual uninstall of ElectricCommander Server and Agent on Windows
- Delete the installDirectory
- Delete the following registry keys if they exist:
- If SavedMySQLData directory exists in dataDirectory, move it to the backupDirectory.
- Install and configure ElectricCommander as described in the ElectricCommander Installation and Configuration Guide.
- Copy server\conf\passkey and server\conf\keystore files from the backupDirectpry to the installDirectory.
See Moving ElectricCommander data from one server to another for more information about other files you may want to move.
- Import database data.
- Restore your custom changes.
- Product versions: 2.0.x 2.1.x
- OS versions: Windows