This article discusses the easiest ways to import a single project out of a full export file.
- Create a project called “scratch” in your current installation.
- Export the object in the current CloudBees CD (CloudBees Flow) format:
ectool export /tmp/scratch.xml --path /projects/scratch.
- Using the editor of your choice, find the project in the original XML.
- Copy and paste the XML text from the old project XML into the new project XML in scratch.xml.
- Optional: Remove the ACL property sheet if the ACL are not important to you.
- BE CAREFUL! Be sure you have a backup of your full database before the next step.
- Import “scratch” with the recovery procedure:
ectool import /tmp/scratch.xml.
- Back up the system (with a full export).
- Do the full import of the old system.
- Export the single project.
- Restore the backup.
- Import the single project
This should be fast and simple if the system is small, but it might be cumbersome for a large system.