Flow is installed on a Windows server or agent. When you run the Flow installer you expect an upgrade, but you are prompted for a new install.
This may occur if the previous Windows Flow install or upgrade failed during the install/upgrade process before the Windows registry updates completed.
- Check whether the following registry entry exists:
- If it is missing, the installer is not aware of the prior installation, and does not offer the upgrade option.
- As a workaround, you can manually create the necessary registry entries.
- Back up your registry by doing File -> Export (it is sufficient to just export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall).
- Edit -> New -> Key to create 6F794CA6-8574-4E60-8B1F-DBA21AEB9765 under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
- Create the following entries under 6F794CA6-8574-4E60-8B1F-DBA21AEB9765 (Edit -> New -> String Value):
- DataDirectory C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Electric Cloud/ElectricCommander
- InstallLocation C:\Program Files\Electric Cloud\ElectricCommander
- DisplayVersion 188.8.131.52410
Adjust the values as necessary to reflect your actual previous version and directories.
To understand the cause of the missing register entries, provide email@example.com with the install log from your previous upgrade or install.