CloudBees CD (CloudBees Flow) subprocedures and steps run on resources and use workspaces. If you do not specify a resource and/or workspace, CloudBees CD (CloudBees Flow) will attempt to assign one.
There are circumstances when the resource is inherited and the workspace is not.
- the procedure step
- the procedure
- the calling step (recursively)
- the project
- any step in the call chain that explicitly specifies a workspace
- the current step’s procedure
- the current step’s project
- the current step’s assigned resource
Resource assignment is made when the step is expanded. Workspace assignment is made by the CloudBees CD (CloudBees Flow) Server after step expansion.
Explicitly set the workspace on a calling step somewhere in the call chain, or you will need to set it on each project, procedure, or resource.