Original Creation Date: 2010-05-07 23:27:29 UTC
In addition to new features and other enhancements, version 3.6 includes multiple improvements to the installation experience and procedure creation. This release also includes the first wave of ElectricCommander plugins leveraging Commander plugin architecture, introduced in the previous minor release. Electric Cloud recommends all customers upgrade both their Commander Server and Agents to version 3.6. The release highlights are included below. See the Release Notes for a summary of product improvements and known issues.
ElectricCommander 3.6 includes several new features including:
- New Installer – Tired of completing all the panels during a new installation? The new installer provides Express Server and Express Agent options that significantly streamline the installation process. This installer will automatically create resources in Commander when remote Agents are installed.
- Procedure Wizard – How many mouse clicks does it take you to create a new procedure today? With the new Procedure Wizard, the process of creating procedures is dramatically streamlined. The Procedure Wizard exposes the most common features used by Commander customers through a series of panels. The wizard exposes basic step definition, property and parameter references, SCM integrations, schedules, email notifications, reports, and more without requiring users to navigate to multiple web pages to configure a procedure.
- Multiple plugins – ElectricCommander 3.6 includes more than 20 plugins providing integrations with SCM and defect tracking tools as well as plugins to extend native Commander functionality in exciting ways. Navigate to the Plugins page within the ElectricCommander Administration tab to see a list of available plugins.
- New Platforms – Version 3.6 includes platform support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 (64-bit), Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit), and Ubuntu 9.10 (32-bit and 64-bit).
Download ElectricCommander 3.6 and its documentation from the Electric Cloud FTP site.
- Log in to the Electric Cloud FTP site at http://ftp.electric-cloud.com/ftp/
- Navigate to the cmdr-3.6.0 directory
- Documentation is located in the docs directory
- Server and agent installers are located in the directory corresponding to the operating system (for example, windows)
- IDE plug-in installers are located in the integrations directory
See the “System Requirements and Supported Platforms” section in the ElectricCommander Installation Guide for a complete list of supported platforms and configurations.
Supported Upgrade Paths
Commander 3.6 supports upgrades from version 3.0.x and higher. See the “Upgrading ElectricCommander” chapter in the ElectricCommander Installation Guide for complete upgrade instructions. If you plan to upgrade from a version prior to 3.0.x, contact Electric Cloud Customer Support for assistance.
Contact Customer Support with issues related to this release at email@example.com.
Contact Dax Farhang, Product Manager, with feedback on this or any ElectricCommander release at 408-419-4370 or firstname.lastname@example.org.