In this module, you will learn how to download, import, and register the appliance using the VMWare Player.
If you need to install the appliance and VMWare Player, perform the following steps. Otherwise, skip to Step 1.
Prerequisite 1: Download and Install the Appliance.
- Go to http://electric-cloud.com/downloads/.
- Click Download NowFor ElectricFlow Community Edition.
- Register to download
- Select Get ElectricFlow for VirtualBox to save ElectricFlowCommunity-.zip.
- The .zip file is downloaded to your system.
Prerequisite 2: Download and Install VMWare Player.
- Go to https://www.vmware.com/products/player.
- Click Try for Free.
- Choose the VMWare Player for your operating system (Windows 64-bit or Linux 64-bit), and click Download Now.
- Install VMWare Player on your system.
Note : If you importing the appliance into VMWare ESXi 5.1.0, make sure that the .vmx file for the parent VM contains the following line:
vhv.enable = “TRUE”
Step 1: Import the Appliance into VMWare Player
- Open VMWare Player.
- Click File > Open , find the .ova file, and click Open.
- In the Import Virtual Machine dialog box, enter the Name for the new virtual machine , enter or browse to theStorage path for the new machine , and click Import.
- If the error message containing “The import failed because … path… didn’t pass OVF specification conformance of virtual hardware compliance checks” appears, select Do not show this message again and click Retry .
The VMWare Player now imports the appliance. It appears in the Library on the left side when the import is complete.
- Start the appliance.
Step 2: Log into and Register the Appliance.
Starting from the terminal window:
Enter ecloud as the user ID and ecloud as the password.
The appliance is now running.
Set the port forwarding as follows:
a. Get the IP address of the appliance using the ifconfig command.
b. Go to your PC and open one of these files:
• Windows - C:\ProgramData\VMWare\vmnetnat.conf
• Linux - /etc/vmware/vmnet8/nat/nat.conf
Make sure you have permission to edit the configuration file.
c. Add the following code after [incomingtcp] and save your changes.
d. Restart on of the following services. Make sure you have permission to
• Windows: Go to Services , and restart VMWare NAT Service.
• vmware-networks –stop
• vmware-networks –start
Go to http://localhost:7070/register to register the appliance.
To create your account, enter the following information and click Next .
ElectricFlow user interface (UI) opens.
Watch the other tutorials to learn more about ElectricFlow and how to use it to create and run application deployments.
To learn more, go to learn.electric-cloud.com.