- In a Pipeline (or Multibranch Pipeline) the
Jenkinsfileis sometimes not found during repository scanning.
- The issue is occurring sporadically.
- You are using GitHub as SCM and the GitHub Branch Source Plugin.
- CloudBees Core on modern cloud platforms - Managed Master
- CloudBees Core on traditional platforms - Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Distribution
- Jenkins LTS
- GitHub Branch Source Plugin
This issue could be linked to a caching issue.
It is still under investigation but a workaround exists.
You should have a least have the version 2.4.4 of the GitHub Branch Source Plugin.
With this version of the plugin, you can activate the
-DJENKINS_54126_WORKAROUND=true workaround flag that will:
- bypass the cache in case it is suspicious.
- log more information to help debug
In case this workaround is not enough, please open a case with CloudBees Support.
Follow instructions on How to add Java arguments to Jenkins for help on adding an argument to Jenkins.