- Pipeline projects fail to load shared libraries from Rational Team Concert source control
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core)
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on modern cloud platforms - Managed Master
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on traditional platforms - Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Distribution
- Rational Team Concert plugin
Pipeline projects fail to load shared libraries managed within Rational Team Concert source control. This issue may occur when migrating form Jenkins 2.7.x to CloudBees Core on traditional platforms Client Master 2.164.x.
Loading library Jenkins_Shared_Library@1.0 RTC : checkout... FATAL: RTC : checkout failure: null java.lang.NullPointerException
The error message continues as follows
FATAL: RTC : checkout failure: RTC : checkout failure: null hudson.AbortException: RTC : checkout failure: null at com.ibm.team.build.internal.hjplugin.RTCAcceptTask.invoke(RTCAcceptTask.java:246) at com.ibm.team.build.internal.hjplugin.RTCAcceptTask.invoke(RTCAcceptTask.java:34) at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:1075)
Finally, you can see the error similar to the one below
ERROR: RTC : checkout failure: RTC : checkout failure: null ERROR: Maximum checkout retry attempts reached, aborting org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: WorkflowScript: Loading libraries failed
The issue can be resolved by recreating the global library settings under Manage Jenkins > Configure System Rational Team Concert (RTC) section. In addition, navigate to Jenkins Global Tool configure page, i.e. Jenkins > Manage Jenkins > Global Tool Configuration and validate RTC Build toolkit settings. If the issue is not resolved, contact CloudBees representative firstname.lastname@example.org or open a support request.