My user API tokens are disappearing after a few days of being created.
- CloudBees Core
- CloudBees Core on modern cloud platforms - Managed Master
- CloudBees Core on modern cloud platforms - Operations Center
- CloudBees Core on traditional platforms - Client Master
- CloudBees Core on traditional platforms - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Operations Center
- Jenkins LTS
The common issue here is that the API token is being created on the master which is associated with a CloudBees Operations Center.
To explain a bit more, if you are logged into your master, click on your username in the top right corner and then click ‘configure’. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and you should see ‘Synchronize with Operations Center cluster’. The option ‘Synchronize details on login’ is typically checked.
When selected, this option will synchronize the user’s name, description and other properties with the user record in Operations Center. This can result in the token being removed.
The best way to avoid this issue is to create the API token on the Operations Center itself. Go to your Operations Center, select your name and click ‘configure’ again. Then click ‘Add new Token’ to create a new api token at the Operations Center level.