Best practice is to set client masters and managed masters with zero executors. However, performing backup (using the CloudBees Backup Plugin) requires an executor to run on the master (backups of JENKINS_HOME).
Instead of creating the Backup job on each individual master, use an Operations Center Cluster Operation to perform backups of all masters, this does not require executors on those masters.
- Verify Operations Center Server Cluster Operations Plugin is installed on your CJOC
- When on the CJOC, choose
New Itemand choose a name, and select
Cluster Operationsas the job type
Add Operation, then
From Operations Center Rootunder
- Add Filter and select Client Master / Managed Master is Online
- Add Step and select Backup Master
- Decide What to backup, Where to backup and Backup retention
- Click the Advanced button and select a compression scheme (tar.gz or zip)
- Finally, from the sidebar, Select Run to run the new operation
- At successful completion, validate the backups on the master’s [or masters’] local directory or S3/FTP/etc. destination as specified