- Best Practice for monitoring Jenkins instance performance.
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on modern cloud platforms - Managed Master
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on modern cloud platforms - Operations Center
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on traditional platforms - Client Master
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on traditional platforms - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Distribution
- Jenkins LTS
CloudBees Jenkins monitoring capabilities rely on Jenkins Metrics plugin which explodes a set a metrics including: System and Java Virtual Machine metrics, Web UI metrics and Jenkins specific metrics. Other plugins can also expose different metrics like the Metrics Disk Usage plugin.
There are three complementary solutions you can use for monitoring:
This feature allows you to define different alerts based on metrics. Jenkins will send emails when the alerts start and finish.
It is not available for CloudBees Jenkins Distribution and Jenkins LTS.
It allows organizations to measure, analyze, and manage DevOps. CloudBees DevOptics provides a comprehensive view of the status of your CD platform as well as software value streams, correlated from data collected across software delivery pipelines. It acts as a single source of truth to analyze and continually optimize the flow of value from idea to production.
- Built-in Value Streams capabilities make it easy to map then actively measure and manage your software delivery process and activities.
- Industry standard DevOps metrics allow you to measure performance across teams to leverage best practices and enable continuous improvement.
- CD platform monitoring (Run Insights) capabilities allow you to track availability, usage and team engagement of your CD platforms to ensure they are optimally supporting your software delivery activities.
There is a DevOptics free version (check this comparison table) for CloudBees Jenkins Distribution and Jenkins LTS.
As indicated in our support policies, we have limitations on the support we can provide for these plugins. Since these plugins are contributed by third parties, we cannot guarantee bug fixes or other resolutions. While we will not be able to escalate these issues to our engineering team, we will do our best to help you diagnose the problem and provide you with workarounds if possible.
From our support experience, we have observed in certain scenarios that some External Java JVM Profiling Agents (it might depend on their versions) could create undesired side effects like System and network overhead.
The data collected by the Java agent will be stored in the Application heap. It is because this kind of agents run as a part of the JVM.
While the actual overhead incurred depends on the specificity of the data gathered and the application itself, less than 5% performance overhead is an optimistic general estimate.