- We would like to allow one of our masters to use a unique Markup Formatter such
as HTML without allowing this across all of our masters.
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on modern cloud platforms - Managed Master
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on modern cloud platforms - Operations Center
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on traditional platforms - Client Master
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on traditional platforms - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Operations Center
Generally, allowing the Operations Center to manage all security settings across
every connected master is desired to reduce the administrative burden of managing
multiple masters or simply to ensure consistency across masters.
However, the CloudBees Jenkins Operations Center is flexible and can accommodate
different security needs between connected masters. An Operations Center administrator simply
needs to configure Global Security to allow individual masters the ability to ‘opt out’.
In so doing, the Markup Formatter can be set at the individual Master’s level.
- Select the checkbox “Allow client masters to opt-out” under Client master security:
- Then “Opt-out” the master from the Operations Center configuration by going to the master configuration page on the Operation Center
<cjoc_url>/job/<master_name>/configure) and selecting the checkbox “Opt-out” under Security Setting Enforcement:
Now security settings can be set individually for this master and we can specify
the formatter to use. In our markup formatter example, you this is done browsing
<jenkins_url>/configureSecurity and selecting the markup formatter under Markup Formatter: