After upgraded Config File Provider to version 3.0 and I am observing the following elements broken or impacted:
- Configuration files
- Shared libraries
- Per-project permissions on folders
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on modern cloud platforms - Managed Master (CORE-MM)
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on traditional platforms - Client Master (CORE-CM)
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master (CJP-CM)
- Jenkins LTS
- Config File Provider 3.0
If for some reason you have upgrades to 3.0:
- Downgrade to the previous version of this plugin.
- In the case any of the configuration files (jobs, folders … ) was saved after the upgrade, you have to restore jenkins from latest backup which was using the previous version of Config File Provider before the upgrade.