- You are writing a groovy script which uses a particular library and the script
is throwing a groovy.lang.MissingMethodException.
- You are migrating jobs from one Jenkins instance to another. When your job
runs you see ‘Unable to resolve class org.foo’.
- You need to know which library is providing the class you are using.
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed Master (CJE-MM)
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Operations Center (CJE-OC)
- CloudBees Jenkins Team (CJT)
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master (CJP-CM)
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Operations Center (CJP-OC)
- DEV@cloud (DAC)
- Jenkins LTS
Don’t forget this handy trick to quickly learn which plugin is providing a particular
class. From the script console, simply print the class loader.
For example, let’s say I would like to know which plugin is providing the snakeyaml
Yaml utilities. Go to the script console and type: