- A job build is not behaving as expected.
This article describes how to collect the minimum required information for troubleshooting general issues related to jobs.
If the required data is bigger than 20 MB you will not be able to use ZenDesk to upload all the information. On this case we would like to encourage you to use our upload service in order to attach all the required information.
- CloudBees Jenkins Team (CJT)
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed Master (CJE-MM)
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Operations Center (CJE-OC)
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master (CJP-CM)
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Operations Center (CJP-OC)
- Time around the issue is exposed
- A support bundle created when the issue is exposed
- The full name of the job
- The configuration of the job
- Last successful and failed build folders
Grab the time around the issue is exposed so it is possible to correlate the build console logs with the Jenkins master logs when the issue is exposed.
A support bundle from the problematic instance ideally when the issue is happening, or in the worst case, right after the issue is exposed. Please, follow the KB below in case you don’t know how to generate a support bundle.
Take a note with the full job name which is failing to search for them in the logs.
Example: From the URI of an example job in the browser
http://jenkins.example.com/job/folder.example/job/job.example/ its full name would be
The configuration of the item (
config.xml) you are having the issues with from the
Exceptionally, when you don’t have access to the filesystem copy its configuration in an
xml file as result as the output of accessing to its
/config.xml REST API endpoint. Example: From the URI of an example job in the browser
http://jenkins.example.com/job/folder.example/job/job.example/ its configuration can be taken from
In the case the Pipeline definition is set as Pipeline Script from SCM, attach also its
Provide also the
config.xml of the Template.
For comparing and contrasting, we require
- the build directory of a Successful build
- the build directory of a Failed build (The job build is not behaving as expected)
1.- In the case the build folder cannot be attached, then copy the full console output of each respective build (Successful vs Failed) in separated file and name then accordingly.
2.- For the build you have issue with, it is very recommended you make use of the Timestamper Plugins so we can correlate console logs with others like the jenkins instances or remoting agent.