- My Cloud configuration does not work as expected.
This article describes how to collect the minimum required information for cloud agent issues so that it can be efficiently troubleshooted.
Cloud Agent are those ones that are created under demand. Two cases:
Case A: Cloud Agents managed by CJP-CM/CJT/CJE-MM
Case B: CloudBees Shared Clouds managed by CJP-OC/CJE-OC
If the required data is bigger than 20 MB you will not be able to use ZenDesk to upload all the information. In this case we would like to encourage you to use our upload service in order to attach all the required information.
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed Master (CJE-MM)
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master (CJP-CM)
- CloudBees Jenkins Team (CJT)
- Cloud Plugins like Amazon EC2, MS Azure, Openstack, Docker plugin, etc.
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Operation Center (CJE-OC)
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Operation Center (CJP-OC)
- CloudBees Share Clouds
- Timeframe when the issue was exposed
- Support bundle
- Job configuration
- Cloud configuration
- Connectivity Validation and Infrastructure description
- Share Cloud Configuration
A support bundle from the Jenkins instance while the issue is exposed. Please, follow the KB below in case you don’t know how to generate a support bundle.
Master Log Recorders are enabled among the other options.
config.xml of the item which use a specific Cloud template.
<cloud> section from
JENKINS_HOME/config.xml in a file (
Test Connection in a file (
test.connection.txt) from Manage Jenkins > Configure System > Cloud section > under the Cloud you have the issues with:
Test Connection does not return cloud platform vendor and version (it depends on the plugins), please specify them.
config.xml of the Share Cloud item.