- Why does my master connected to my operations center expire today?
- Why am I getting an expiration warning on my master when the operations center is valid?
- Master license provisioned by JOC erroneously expires and shows “Your license expires in 0 days."
- CJOC reads “You have configured X amount of executors (of which X are currently in use), above your licensed limit of 0. Please contact CloudBees Sales for a quote on additional executors.”
If your client master will not connect to CJOC after my license was successfully activated, please see CJOC connection issues
- CloudBees Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise
- Operations Center Server Plugins < 1.8.3
- License Management
Check the validity of your license by navigating to “Manage Jenkins” => “Manage Licenses” and scrolling down to the bottom of the page. Click “Check validity.” If you receive an error, please submit a support request with the error and a support bundle attached.
Confirm the licensing strategy.
- Click the upside down toggle arrow next to the master and then click “Configure.” Scroll to the “Licensing” section.
Note: If you are currently on CJP 2.X, the licensing strategy has been simplified. There are two options. “Test Instance” or “Regular Instance”
Note: If you are currently on CJP 1.X, see how to configure your licensing strategy here. See the diagram below for the licensing strategy options in CJP 1.X
Check Manage Jenkins -> Configure System to see if there are any executors set here.
Check the “Configure” section on the client master for the On-master executors section.
A client master connected to an Operations Center will always show an expiration of the current date or the following day. This is expected behavior. The CloudBees Jenkins Operations Center polls the client master every hour to see if the license expires in the next 2 hours. If so, the Operations Center renews the client master’s license for another 16 hours.
- CJOC needs to refresh the licensing details for the sub-licensed client master. Often times this banner will gracefully resolve itself upon refresh. If not, see the options below.
Always backup your instance before making any changes!
1) Upgrade Operations Center Server Plugins < v1.8.3 and restart the CJOC.
- The Operations Center Server Plugin v1.8.3 changes the window of time during which this expiration banner may occur- plugin release notes
2) The Jenkins core version on your master is outdated. Upgrade to the most recent LTS and restart the client master. See this link on how to upgrade.
3) Plugin versions are incompatible and need to be updated. Search for installed plugins with the text “operations” on the client master and restart.
4) The license has expired and you need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to renewal your subscription.
Please contact your Customer Success Manager and submit a ticket with a support bundle attached for any unusual behavior or issues not documented above.