- Any best practices are welcome for pipeline implementation
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed Master (CJE-MM)
- CloudBees Jenkins Team (CJT)
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master (CJP-CM)
- DEV@cloud (D@C)
- Jenkins LTS
BEST PRACTICES is the entry point which contains a collection of tips, advice, gotchas and other best practices for using the Jenkins Pipeline plugin.
The following points aim to extend BEST PRACTICES with additional info related to CloudsBees Features and Support experience.
<JENKINS_URL>/pipeline-syntax contains the documentation that applies to your specific instance.
* Step Reference:
* Global Variables Reference:
B Be sure to frequently check for Pipeline Plugin updates and keep current on updating your environment(s) with recent bug fixes and feature improvements.
C Place a Checkpoint before a high-risk operation (e.g: long running external process), before using a
node step to obtain an executor for it. If the build fails, Checkpoint allows the build to be resumed from the checkpoint just before the failure.
Articles and Presentations
Find below list of references which contains a compilation of best practices. Some of them has already mentioned above.
- Best Practices for Scalable Pipeline Code published on February 1st 2017 by Sam Van Oort
- Top 10 Best Practices for Jenkins Pipeline Plugin published on June 27th 2016 by Andy Pemberton
Jenkins World presentations:
- Pipelines At Scale: How Big, How Fast, How Many presented in 2017 by Sam Van Oort (click here for the video)
- Declarative Pipelines In Jenkins presented in 2017 by Andrew Bayer and Bobby Sandell (click here for the video)
- JenkinsPipelineUnit: Test your Continuous Delivery Pipeline presented in 2017 by Ozan Günalp and Emmanuel Quincerot (click here for the video)
- The Need For Speed: Building Pipelines To Be Faster presented in 2016 by Sam Van Oort
- Pipeline Utility Steps: Useful Goodies For Parsing Configs, Maven POMs, etc