- I would like to trigger a job on another master.
- I would like to set a remote downstream job.
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform (CJP), Client Masters (CM) connected to CloudBees Jenkins Operation Center (CJOC)
Select a job which triggers a remote one and then go to Job Configuration > Build section > Add Build Step >
Trigger builds on remote/local projects option.
This configuration allows you to trigger another exiting job on a different CM (remote). The downstream job name part will autocomplete.
After you configure this you can trigger a new build and see the job executing on the other Jenkins Master:
Console output of triggering job:
Console output of triggered job (remote):
Note: In case you find a similar output to the below
[operations-center-context] Could not find remote item at master.example.com » remoteTriggerJobExample
Check at the CJOC Global Security > Client master security
- Security Setting Enforcement > it needs to be one of the
- Authentication mapping > it needs to
Trusted Master with equivalent Security Realm