How to upgrade the RPM to CJE
1) Backup your JENKINS_HOME directory
The default for the RPM is
To confirm you can do a
ps aux | grep jenkinsand it should show the
JENKINS_HOMEvariable in the command.
- 1.5X is a dated version, so you should test out these changes and any plugin incompatibilities that may occur when upgrading to the latest version.
Note: When upgrading from OSS to Cloudbees, you do not want to simply swap out the war file. Rather, use the rpm manager to upgrade to CJP.
3) After upgrading Jenkins, you can now install CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise (CJE)
- Remove the current Jenkins keys from yum
- Install the CJE keys:
sudo rpm --import http://downloads.cloudbees.com/cje/rolling/rpm/cloudbees.com.key
* Add the CloudBees repo:
sudo wget -O /etc/yum.repos.d/jenkins.repo http://downloads.cloudbees.com/cje/rolling/rpm/jenkins.repo
* Update and install jenkins:
sudo yum clean all && sudo yum update
* At that point you should see a new package available to download for Jenkins. It will download CloudBees Jenkins Platform and use your existing