- Navigating back, then forward, might causes loss of config data
- Open Jenkins Global Configuration
/configure, with the Chrome browser (Firefox does not show this problem).
- Click the back button to navigate away from the config.
- Click forward to go back to the config.
- Some configuration like the Tool installers might be lost.
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise
- CloudBees Jenkins Operations Center
Unfortunately, for the moment there is not a good workaround for this. Basically, JENKINS-18435 needs to be fixed.
You might want to use Job Config History plugin and do periodical backups of your Jenkins instance to get a quick recover in case you are facing this issue.