I want to display Japanese Characters in the description of a Job
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on modern cloud platforms - Managed Master
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on traditional platforms - Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Distribution
- Jenkins LTS
It is possible to display Japanese characters in the description.
However there is a problem during Form Submission and you cannot use the UI.
To update the job description, you need to use the CLI/REST API to update the job.
Example using the Jenkins CLI:
java -jar jenkins-cli.jar -s http://localhost:8080/ update-job my-job < my-config.xml
Example using the REST API:
curl -v -X POST \ --data-binary @my-config.xml \ -u "user:$token" \ -H 'Content-Type: application/xml' \ "http://jenkins:port/job/my-job/config.xml"