- The client master is attached to the CloudBees Jenkins Operations Center (CJOC) but not able to obtain a license, and is stuck on the registration screen
- One of the following errors occur when trying to enter connection details:
- Error “CloudBees Operations Center not configured to issue a license”
- Error “Oops something went wrong”
- Error “Invalid license”
- Error “Invalid certificate”
- Error “Failed to read the existing licenseERROR: Subscription has expired”
- CloudBees Core on traditional platforms - Client Master
- CloudBees Core on traditional platforms - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Operations Center
Warning: This s not a standard procedure and should be carried out as a last resort to connect a client master to CJOC!
You need to purge the CJOC configuration for your Master, and recreate the client master connection from scratch following these steps:
Delete the client-master you have the issue with**
2 [Master]: Stop instance
3 [Master]: Delete the following files for the master to entirely remove the link to CJOC:
4 [Master]: Disable Security in the Master by editing
$JENKINS_HOME/config.xml. Locate this line:
<useSecurity>true</useSecurity> and changing it to
5 [Master]: Start the Master
6 [CJOC]: Create a new client master.
7 [CJOC]: Configure the Licensing strategy that you want to use
8 [CJOC]: Connect the client master either by push configuration from CJOC or manually from the Master
9 At this stage, if the connection does not work and you are still stuck on the registration screen, you need to ask support for an evaluation license to get past the registration screen.
10 [Master]:The client master may need to be restarted to complete license registration.
11 [CJOC]- Optional: Operations center might be keeping values in cache that prevent provisioning of a new master. If this procedure did not get you past the registration screen, you may have to restart CJOC. Re-do the procedure, stop CJOC in step 2 and start CJOC in step 6.