Apache Tomcat logs, e.g.
logs/catalina.out continuously report:
- Unable to add the resource to the cache
- Insufficient free space available after evicting expired cache entries
- Consider increasing the maximum size of the cache
21-Nov-2019 14:33:17.211 WARNING [http-nio-80-exec-4] org.apache.catalina.webresources.Cache.getResource Unable to add the resource at [/WEB-INF/plugins/dockerhub-notification.hpi] to the cache because there was insufficient free space available after evicting expired cache entries - consider increasing the maximum size of the cache
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core)
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on traditional platforms - Client Master
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on traditional platforms - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Operations Center
- CloudBees Jenkins Distribution
- Jenkins LTS
- Tomcat >= 8
As per Supported platforms for CloudBees Core on traditional platforms, CloudBees only supports two versions of Apache Tomcat and strives to support the latest GA version.
Note: Apache Tomcat 8.5 support ended on 2019-10-31.
Increase the cache size parameter. Add/edit
cacheMaxSize within the Context XML element of your
$CATALINA_BASE/conf/context.xml. The Resources component inside the
<Context block should fix the issue, see https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/config/resources.html
<Resources cachingAllowed="true" cacheMaxSize="100000" />
The value may be changed while the web application is running (e.g. via JMX). Increasing the
cacheMaxSize value should clean up the cache warnings you were noticing.
An alternative approach would be to completely disable cache
<Resources cachingAllowed="false" />