SVN fails to update project, showing error E200030:
ERROR: Failed to update MY_REMOTE_SVN_PROJECT_URL ... org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: E200030: READONLY ...
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on modern cloud platforms - Managed controller
- CloudBees CI (CloudBees Core) on traditional platforms - Client controller
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed controller
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client controller
- CloudBees Jenkins Distribution
- Jenkins LTS
- Subversion Plugin
This is related to a permission issue. Jenkins’ user needs write permission for SVN to your project directory. Please check the permissions of your project directory.
To recursively change permissions to allow Jenkins to write to your project you can run:
sudo chown -R MY_JENKINS_USER:MY_JENKINS_GROUP MY_PROJECT
MY_JENKINS_GROUP should be replaced with the user and group that you use for Jenkins and
MY_PROJECT replaced with your project directory.