SVN fails to update project, showing error E200030:
ERROR: Failed to update MY_REMOTE_SVN_PROJECT_URL ... org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: E200030: READONLY ...
- CloudBees Core on modern cloud platforms - Managed Master
- CloudBees Core on traditional platforms - Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise - Managed Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform - Client Master
- CloudBees Jenkins Distribution
- Jenkins LTS
- Subversion Plugin
This is related to a permission issue. Jenkins’ user needs write permission for SVN to your project directory. Please check the permissions of your project directory.
To recursively change permissions to allow Jenkins to write to your project you can run:
sudo chown -R MY_JENKINS_USER:MY_JENKINS_GROUP MY_PROJECT
MY_JENKINS_GROUP should be replaced with the user and group that you use for Jenkins and
MY_PROJECT replaced with your project directory.