A Request for Enhancement (RFE) is a suggestion for a new feature or a software enhancement. This article defines how you should expect the RFE process to work at CloudBees and what kinds of notifications you will receive when you submit a request.
Our RFE process follows a few clear guidelines:
- We never “reject” an RFE (unless the feature already exists). Since we see these requests as signals from the market, we don’t want to discard those signals just because we don’t have immediate plans to implement them.
- We do not provide a timeline or commitment on when a request will be delivered or when it will make the next step toward delivery.
- We will automatically inform you of all progress we make toward addressing your request.
- We may not implement the RFE exactly as requested, but will instead use the unfiltered request to better understand the customer perspective on a given problem space.
- If you have any questions, just ask! Feel free to email the product manager using the email address provided in the automatic updates, or just comment on the ticket.
CloudBees follows a simple process which includes triage, scoping, planning and delivery. Customers receive automated updates as their request progresses through this process. The table below serves as a guide for the messages you will see as a request progresses:
|Event||What you will see||What to expect|
|Customer submits RFE through email@example.com or the support portal.||A response acknowledging your submission.||A support engineer will review your request and submit the RFE to the product team. The product team may follow up with you directly on the support request and clarify your requirements.|
|Triage||This request for enhancement has been triaged||The product team understands the request and has classified it with similar requests.|
|Scoping||This request for enhancement is being scoped||The product team has begun to scope the work required to implement the request.|
|Scoped||This request for enhancement has finished being scoped||The product team have scoped the work required to implement the request.|
|Planned||This request for enhancement is planned for delivery||Delivery is scheduled to begin on the request.|
|Delivering||This request for enhancement is currently being delivered||Delivery has begun. Updates about availability will be provided shortly.|
|Delivered||This request for enhancement has been delivered and will be made available shortly||The feature has been delivered internally, and will be available in the next update cycle. The product team will provide a link to the relevant release notes or blog entry.|